Noun(1) a brutal terrorist group active in Kashmir; fights against India with the goal of restoring Islamic rule of India(2) a serve that strikes the net before falling into the receiver's court; the ball must be served again
Verb(1) make it possible through a specific action or lack of action for something to happen(2) actively cause something to happen(3) consent to, give permission(4) cause to move; cause to be in a certain position or condition(5) leave unchanged(6) grant use or occupation of under a term of contract
(1) I let contracts for the manufacture of parts, assembled the sets in my apartment, and sold them however I could.(2) The decision means tenders will now be let for the project, with work expected to begin in late February.(3) In March, she let them sneak an early peek at the work in progress.(4) a tiny window that let in hardly any light(5) On June 22, the woman was sitting in a chair when they appeared at her living room door, having let themselves in by the back door.(6) A contract was let for 25 buildings across the state in a first round of construction.(7) As with everything else in the investment world, don't let greed and the desire for a quick buck overrule common sense.(8) I've taken a month's let on the flat(9) These were then packaged into the contracts that would be let to the section design consultants.(10) Pray you let us not; We fain would greet our mother.(11) The Government let the contract to an English firm.(12) length of the let(13) The construction work was let under two building contracts.(14) he'd go if they let him(15) let AB be the line joining A and B(16) my boss let me leave early
(1) let go :: pusti
(2) let me see :: dovoľ mi pozrieť sa
(3) let me know :: daj mi vedieť
(4) let it go :: nechaj to tak
(5) to let :: nechať
(6) let out :: vypustiť
(7) let me be :: nechaj ma
(8) let me in :: pusti ma dnu
(9) let it :: nechaj to
1. net ball ::
2. allow to ::
3. allow to go ::
4. allow ::
5. get ::
6. rent ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Let the traps do the work.
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 10
Uh, listen, ljust wanted to LET you know
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 16
Behind every man is a nagging woman
who won't LET him have any fun, right?
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 9
Let him go,
and I swear that we will forget this.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 9
- Oh, LET me do it, Howard.
- No, I got it.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 20
English to Slovak Dictionary: let
Meaning and definitions of let, translation in Slovak
language for let with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of let in Slovak and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'let'
What let means in Slovak, let meaning
in Slovak, let
definition, examples and pronunciation
of let in Slovak language.