Verb(1) be shown or be found to be(2) establish the validity of something, as by an example, explanation or experiment(3) provide evidence for(4) prove formally; demonstrate by a mathematical, formal proof(5) put to the test, as for its quality, or give experimental use to(6) increase in volume(7) cause to puff up with a leaven(8) take a trial impression of(9) obtain probate of
(1) The ability to deliver and prove high levels of performance is no longer just a competitive advantage.(2) it may prove to be correct(3) Bonnet used Codazzi's formulas to prove the existence theorem in the theory of surfaces.(4) Employees may be able to complain to the pensions ombudsman that the scheme was maladministered, but this may be difficult to prove .(5) The scenes are intended to prove the soundness and truth of what has been previously said.(6) a new lieutenant, very green and very desperate to prove himself(7) But he was determined to prove he could achieve success somehow - and eventually he did.(8) Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with clingfilm and leave to prove for about two hours in a warm area.(9) the concept is difficult to prove(10) prove the dough(11) to prove a will(12) they have to prove guilt(13) Of course, the accused man is assumed to be innocent until the prosecution can prove him guilty.(14) she displayed an ingenuousness which sprung from a yearning need to prove herself(15) I'll give it to you if you prove ownership(16) The Authority said it is very difficult to prove the existence of a cartel and pledged to monitor the situation in the town.
(1) prove to be :: ukázať
(2) prove yourself :: dokázať sami
(3) prove to :: dokázať
(4) prove wrong :: dokázať zle
(5) prove oneself :: dokázať sa
(6) prove effective :: dokázať efektívne
3. establish ::
4. rise ::
5. essay ::
6. evidence ::
7. leaven ::
1. disprove ::
2. rebut ::
3. refute ::
prove, proved, proves, proving
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
If you guys PROVE the existence
of Unruh radiation...
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 2
I'll PROVE my worth.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 6
...all they PROVE is
where the universe came from...
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 24
What were you trying to PROVE?
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 5
You want to PROVE your value to the queen?
Prove it right here in Meereen.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 10
English to Slovak Dictionary: prove
Meaning and definitions of prove, translation in Slovak
language for prove with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of prove in Slovak and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'prove'
What prove means in Slovak, prove meaning
in Slovak, prove
definition, examples and pronunciation
of prove in Slovak language.